27 Mar WoT’s Going On… Friday 27.03.2020
Message from the Vicars:
We are camped out in the vicarage and many people in Walton are working from home and some are doing home school simultaneously. Well done. Keep it up. We are doing well. We are praying for hope, faith and peace for all of you at this time. God is closer than we think. Do continue to meet together virtually where you can.
Blessings Jonny and Cathy
Meanwhile church is still happening!
• This Sunday would have been a joint service at St Mary’s. The service will be led from the Vicarage and will go live at 8.00 am however perhaps we can all be watching together at 10.00 am. If you open up the service link and watch it in YouTube it allows you to comment. It would be great to hear from you as you are watching!
• Sunday evening, at the later time of 7.30 pm we’re going to host Evening Praise via Zoom. A simple service with a sermon looking at 1 John 1 “Living in anxious times as God’s beloved” a discussion and perhaps even some music. Again, email [email protected] if you would like to join. Zoom is a really great way of connecting lots of people in a virtual meeting place. You’ll notice its a tool we will be making good use of over the coming weeks!
Daily Bible studies
Cathy has been bringing us daily Bible studies this week based on the lectionary readings in Hebrews. You’ll find all of this weeks study’s here. We’re also sharing them on Twitter and in our Facebook Group – St Mary’s & St John’s. Like our Facebook page where you’ll find the link to all our various groups. Check out @waltonvicars on Twitter.
Interactive Life Group
• Tuesday evening – via Zoom – email [email protected] and we will send you instructions and the link to join. An oporthunity to meet together to read the Bible, pray and see some friendly faces.
• Virtual service Saturday 4th April – more details to come!
• All will be available virtually – We’ll let you know more as soon as we know how things are going to look. Details will be shared in all the usual places.
• Join our Facebook groups – The children have been ‘attending’ their usual groups with parent supervision on Facebook – Childrem@SMSJ – Youth@SMSJ – Toddlers’ Praise links to them all can be found via the Walton Parish page (link above).
• Club rock and Rock Solid at usual times on Friday – via Facebook.
• Sunday school – via Facebook – check out Katharine’s fantastic story from last week!
• Daily songs and catch ups – via Facebook.
• Toddlers’ Praise – This morning the Toddlers’ Praise Crew led by Caroline, made their debut on Zoom, 37 toddlers signing and chatting all at the same time, it was brilliant! The plan is to have a morning service on a Friday at 10.30. Watch your emails for the invite but get in touch if you didn’t recieve one.
PASTORAL AND ACTION TEAMS
Please let us know if you have needs (shopping, prescriptions, prayer requests or anything else you think of) or if you are able and willing to help you can you can, simply fill in the form here or phone the vicarage 01932 917736. You can also email [email protected] or [email protected]
And finally, we would love to hear your good news stories of how you have been helped or encouraged email them to [email protected] or simply reply to this email.
Walton Parish Communications Team